Carter County Omnium
Location: Carter County, TN
Omnium consisting of:
- Road Race with a Mountaintop Finish
- Time Trial
- Downtown Criterium
All info not listed can be found in the race flyer linked below or at cartercountyomnium.com
Carter County Roan Groan (June 5th)
Cat Island Park, Elizabethton, TN
- Roan Groan offers racers an opportunity to test their climbing legs with a mountaintop finish at Carver's Gap (elev. 5500ft)
- Routes vary by category:
Pro 1/2: 80 miles, ~10,000 ft Gain
Cat 3/4, Master's 35+/45+, Women P1/2: 55 Miles
All others: 30 miles, 4040 ft gain
- Things to Know:
THERE IS NO RETURN TRANSPORTATION. The route is point-to-point. You will be responsible for getting yourself back to the parking lot. You may arrange transportation from Carver's Gap, but parking space is limited.
The weather can be fickle at the top of the mountain. It is recommended that you pack a vest or jacket, a saddlebag, and any food you need if you plan to ride the return route (linked here). These can be taken to the finish in the wheel truck.
The Feed Zone is not in the parking lot, but a few miles up the road. Do not plan on a neutral feed, take what you need.
Temple Hill Time Trial (June 5th)
- 3.2 mile TT with a 1 mile climb @ 4% in the middle
Covered Bridge Criterium (June 5th)
- Downtown Criterium in Elizabethton TN.
- 4 Corner Crit with slight uphill drag through the finish area.